You’ve completed this course and your Certificate is now available for optional purchase:
See all of your purchased and available certificates here
Food Fraud & Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) MOOC (FFPE)
John W. Spink, PhD, Director of the Food Fraud Prevention Think Tank LLC,
and Assistant Professor, Michigan State University
Course and Enrollment Information:
This advanced course in the Food Fraud Prevention training series provides an introduction to resource-allocation decision-making based on the COSO Enterprise Risk Management system. A key to efficient implementation of a food fraud prevention strategy is translating the food fraud vulnerability into the ERM assessment system. ERM, or an ERM-like system, is a compliance requirement in the Sarbanes-Oxley Act for US public companies (and some form of the system is usually required by all private and international companies.) The content begins with an introduction to ERM and COSO and then presents examples that apply directly to food fraud. Next, the content provides “how to start” and “how much is enough” guidance for implementation, including case study examples. The case study examples offer step-by-step “how to start” guidance.
To take this MOOC/Course:
- Enroll: click “Take this Course,” then log in and complete your enrollment (first-time students will be prompted to create an account)
- Begin: click “Start Course”
- Course access: this is a free, self-paced, online course, available on demand
- Course content: introduction and initial student survey; lessons with video lectures, reading material and progress quizzes; and closing survey
- Certificate of Completion: ($100) available for optional purchase upon successful completion of course
- Professional training hours: 10, indicated on Certificate of Completion
- Support/Questions: [email protected]
After enrolling in this course, click “Start Course” to begin.