Food Fraud Prevention Overview MOOC (FFPX)
John W. Spink, PhD, Director of the Food Fraud Prevention Think Tank LLC,
and Assistant Professor, Michigan State University
Course and Enrollment Information:
This is the introductory course in the Food Fraud Prevention training series and is an excellent starting point for education and insight on the current compliance requirements. In addition to a general overview of Food Fraud, the content includes: global laws and regulations which are both governmental- and industry-led, a review of the fraudsters and fraud events, an introduction to criminology theory and methods to assess the fraud opportunity, systems and techniques to both identify efficient countermeasures and to reduce specific vulnerabilities, and then next steps for governments or companies.
To take this MOOC/Course:
- Enroll: click “Take this Course,” then log in and complete your enrollment (first-time students will be prompted to create an account)
- Begin: click “Start Course”
- Course access: this is a free, self-paced, online course, available on demand
- Course content: introduction and initial student survey; two lessons with video lectures, reading material and progress quizzes; and closing survey
- Certificate of Completion: Free for this Overview MOOC, available upon successful completion of course
- Professional training hours: 10, indicated on Certificate of Completion
- Updates: course content updated regularly*
- Support/Questions: [email protected]
*Please note: to ensure that courses reflect the most current updates, your course activity will expire and reset 12 months from your enrollment date. Certificates of Completion are valid for 1 year.
For complete details, see Course Flyer
After enrolling in this course, click “Start Course” to begin.