You’ve completed this course and your Certificate is now available for optional purchase:
See all of your purchased and available certificates here
Food Fraud Prevention: Supply Chain Management & Procurement MOOC (SCMP)
John W. Spink, PhD, Director of the Food Fraud Prevention Think Tank LLC,
and Assistant Professor, Michigan State University
Course and Enrollment Information:
While reducing the possibility of receiving illegal or deceptive products is a general supply management concern, formally addressing this problem is now a compliance requirement for the Global Food Safety Initiative Benchmarked Food Safety Management Systems (e.g., BRC, FSSC 22000, IFS, SQF, and others). In addition, there are enterprise-wide requirements for internal controls and an integrated framework, as required by the U.S. Sarbanes-Oxley Act through COSO-based Enterprise Risk Management.
The supply chain management-related food fraud prevention activities are most efficient when integrated into overall corporate systems, such as enterprise risk management, to define the risk tolerance. Assuring that your suppliers are fully compliant with a Food Fraud Prevention Strategy, including to ‘demonstrate implementation,’ will efficiently reduce the vulnerability of supply chain disruptions. A Food Fraud Prevention Strategy is a critical Supply Chain Risk Management system. Fortunately, in most instances, procurement & sourcing just needs to adopt the a Food Fraud Prevention Strategy that is already addressing internal compliance.
This course starts with an overview of food fraud prevention for supply chain experts and an introduction to supply chain management for food safety professionals. The course then focuses on the food fraud-specific supply chain disruptions, including unique vulnerability assessments. To shift to application, the course covers compliance requirements and best practices for selecting and evaluating of suppliers. The practical application is presented in a supplier survey template.
To take this MOOC/Course:
- Enroll: click “Take this Course,” then log in and complete your enrollment (first-time students will be prompted to create an account)
- Begin: click “Start Course”
- Course access: this is a free, self-paced, online course, available on demand
- Course content: introduction and initial student survey; lessons with video lectures, reading material and progress quizzes; and closing survey
- Certificate of Completion: ($100) available for optional purchase upon successful completion of course
- Professional training hours: 10, indicated on Certificate of Completion
- Support/Questions: [email protected]
After enrolling in this course, click “Start Course” to begin.